(Click to change area.)
The LEARN Delivery Model
Since 1999, we have been offering quality online courses to secondary students across the province. The LEARN blended model has evolved to best respond to the needs of our secondary 4 and 5 students. Students meet in real-time in classes using a web-based teaching and learning platform (Zenlive), and have access to resources 24/7 in our portal (SAKAI).
In early spring, a survey is sent out to all English schools to determine online learning needs for the coming school year.
If your school did not receive LEARN's needs assessment, please contact Dianne Conrod dconrod @ learnquebec.ca
Most of LEARN's online courses run from September to June, usually during the school day. Daily schedules are established in collaboration with schools.
Synchronous Courses (real time)
- Math Sec 4 SN (565-426) – prerequisite 70 + % in Math 306
- Math Sec 5 SN (565-506) - prerequisite 70 + % in either Technical and Scientific or Science Math
- Physics (553-504) – prerequisites are 8 science credits in Sec. 4, and Sec. 4 Science or Technical and Scientific Math
- Chemistry (551-504) – prerequisites are 8 science credits in Sec. 4, and Sec. 4 Science orTechnical and Scientific Math
- Science and Technology (555-444)
- Science and the Environment (558-402)
Asynchronous Course (Offered through MEI Canada http://www.musiceducatorsinstitute.com/)
- Music 665444 guitar OR piano
Online delivery 4 days per week for 4 credit courses
Online delivery 5 days per week for 6 credit courses
Online delivery 2 days per week for 2 credit courses
For more information, please contact Principal, Dianne Conrod.
dconrod @ learnquebec.ca 1-877-647-6060